Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Today here in the States it's Thanksgiving Day,when we count our blessings and enjoy a wonderful feast with family and friends.

As I have gotten older ( I just had my 46th birthday) I find myself being grateful for things not just one day,but everyday. I know what it's like living paycheck to paycheck,deciding which bill to pay so I can have food that week. I know what it's like to have to swallow my pride and go down to the food pantry,or live on Ramen noodles and baloney( both of which I can no longer stomach to eat).

I am so very grateful for a warm house,clothes on my back,and food on my plate. I am very grateful that I have a husband who loves me,a son who is wonderful,loving family and friends,and that I can wake up everyday and feel like the richest woman on Earth.

Happy Thanksgiving,and Happy Hanukkah!






3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, right backacha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! And that's what I love about reading your blog. You know how to break it down to the basics; to be grateful for what's truly important, a lesson more likely to be learned through hard times, whether we welcome them or not. Thanks, Donna!

    ReplyDelete