Friday, August 9, 2013

Plan Of Attack

Sometimes there is so much going on in my head-between Scouting activities,Rick's up coming VA appointments,his PTSD service dog appts,gardening,canning,making soap,planning/building our enclosed mud room,barn,and working on making labels for the products I wish to sell-that I feel like I am in a complete tizzy.It also shows in my home-I have piles of unorganized paperwork,and I can't find what I need when I need it.There is so much to do,and it seems like so little time to do it. I know,however,that things will get done,and in time. It is just too much to contemplate in one sitting,if you know what I mean. 

I do have moment when I can slow down,such as my twice a week yoga classes,but these clear minded times are fleeting. My thoughts jump from one thing to the other,and I can't seem to find a moment to rest my poor brain. This leads to stress and anxiety. I bring it on myself,of course. All I have to do is have a plan of attack:

-What are the priorities? What can wait? Out of the main priorities,what needs to be done first?

-Break projects up into small bits,so it doesn't seem so very overwhelming. It's amazing what can be done a few minutes a day.

-Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today!

-Have a few quiet moments for myself each day to just sit and be.


We do have a vacation planned at near the end of August. We are going up to Pittsburg NH,the very last town before Canada. It's always a good place to restore oneself and clear out the cobwebs and stress.

When you find your brain on overload,as well as your calendar,what is your plan of attack?

 

2 comments:

  1. My default plan is to go on-line and read about other people's stuff. Good and funny, indifferent or awful, it is all fine for me.

    Did I miss something about you now having your dog? If so, congratulations! Details, please, because I obviously missed those as well, in my usual obliviousness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,you didn't miss anything :) We don't have the dog yet,we do have an appt down in Central MA Friday morning with the Drs and trainers down there,so things are progressing along.

    ReplyDelete